Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Jun 23, 2011

Cream Caramel Pudding

I've been craving cream caramel pudding all day. So I decided to call my grandma and get her famous cream caramel pudding recipe. This is where trial and error begins *Nervous*

To make the caramel:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

To make the pudding:

1 can condensed milk (my all time fav: nestle ideal or carnation)
1/2 cup water
5 eggs
1 tablespoon custard powder (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch of salt

Make it:
1. To make the caramel you have to heat the sugar & water in a pan. Place it over low heat until brown and once ready, remove it from the heat and immediately pour it into a cake tin.

2. Next, whisk together the milk, water, eggs, custard powder (optional), vanilla essence and salt.

3. Strain the custard carefully and then pour onto the caramel.

4. Place you cake tin in the steamer and steam until firm, approximately an hour.

5. TADAAA! Gently loosen the side of the creme caramel with butter knife. Put a large serving dish (with a slight rim to contain the caramel juice) upside down over your pudding. Holding the plate and cake tin firmly with your fingers, carefully and quickly flip them over, so that the plate is the right way up and the pudding plops gently down with the caramel sauce.

My first ever cream caramel pudding. YUMMY! :)

Kitchen injury:

I put my finger into the boiling-hot sugar mixture (1st step) and it burned so sorely that I followed my next natural reaction, which was to stick it in my mouth. -.-' HAHA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Playful digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs